Food and Mood
- Felice Jacka – NHMRC Investigator Grant (L1)
- Amy Loughman – Best Paper Award, Deakin Uni/Barwon Symposium
- Amy Loughman – Dean’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Wolf Marx – Alfred Deakin Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Wolf Marx – Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Wolf Marx – IMPACT Rising Star award
- Hajara Aslam – Dean’s postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Meghan Hockey – The Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine 2nd prize for oral presentations
- Meghan Hockey – The Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine 1st prize for poster presentation
- Meghan Hockey – Runner up in 3-minute thesis competition Deakin University
- Gen Moseley – The Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine Registrar/trainee in lifestyle medicine.
- Dr Poshmaal Dhar – A Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Dwan Price – 2021-22 Science and Technology Australia Superstar of STEM – A two year mentoring and leadership program increasing the representation of women STEM professionals in the media and community awarded November 2020.
Mental Health and Neuroscience
- Prof Michael Berk – ISBD Robert Post Award for Mentorship
- Prof Michael Berk – RANZCP Senior Research Award
- Sarah Hosking – Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
- Natalie Hyde – Dean’s Research Postdoctoral Fellowship (Deakin University, Faculty of Health).
- Sophia Sui – Past District Governor Geoff Betts and Betty Betts Early Mental Health Researcher Award 2020.
- Georgie Lee – the IMPACT and School of Medicine Honours student awards.
- B-Core team – best poster at last year’s Barwon Health Deakin Research Symposium in the Surgery division
ISI Highly Cited Researchers 2020
Recognizing the true pioneers in their fields over the last decade, demonstrated by the production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and year in the Web of Science™. Of the world’s scientists and social scientists, Clarivate™ Highly Cited Researchers truly are one in 1,000. Currently, four of the six Highly Cited Researchers at Deakin are in IMPACT:
- Olivia Dean
- Felice Jacka
- Michael Maes
- Michael Berk
- Andre Carvalho
IMPACT Awards in 2020
Outstanding Publication Award
- Sophia Sui
- Ereeny Mikhail
- Monica Tembo
- Melissa Lane
- Dr Wolfgang Marx
Excellence in Supervision Award
- Dr Tamsyn Crowley
Outstanding Mentorship Award
- Dr Kara Holloway-Kew
Excellence in International Engagement Award
- Dr Chiara Bortolasci